Awards & Accreditations
Champions for Excellent Care - Charlotte Street Animal Hospital is an AAHA and AAFP accredited hospital, and is proud to have been named a "Neighborhood Favorite Veterinarian" in Asheville on Nextdoor.com.
Charlotte Street Animal Hospital is proud to be one of only 4 AAHA-accredited general practice veterinary hospitals in Asheville. Less than 15% of animal hospitals in the United States have gone through the voluntary accreditation evaluation process by the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA). The accreditation process is rigorous and time-consuming, and not every veterinary hospital wants to go through the lengthy process, but we know the value.
Pet owners gain peace of mind when they choose an accredited animal hospital because they know their AAHA-accredited hospital has passed the highest standards of veterinary care. AAHA-accreditation means we hold ourselves to a higher standard. Pets are our passion. And keeping them healthy is our #1 priority. At Charlotte Street Animal Hospital, we strive to deliver excellent care for pets. Because your pets deserve nothing less.
Charlotte Street Animal Hospital is proud to be an AAFP Gold Certified Cat Friendly Practice. You may ask, what is a cat friendly practice? A Cat Friendly Practice encourages and facilitates good quality veterinary care for cats. We recognize that there are unique challenges and difficulties in bringing your cat to a veterinary practice, including:
- Cats often do not travel well.
- Cats do not feel safe when they are away from their normal home territory.
- Cats are highly sensitive to unusual sights, sounds and smells.
- Most cats prefer quiet and solitude.
- Most cats are highly susceptible to stress and anxiety.
- Most cats are highly stressed by dogs and other cats being in close proximity at the practice.
- Cats need to be handled gently, with care and respect in the practice.
- Cats have unique medical requirements that Cat Friendly Practices are capable of providing.
Cat Friendly Practices:
- Understand the unique needs of cats and have made veterinary visits more cat-friendly
- Understand how to approach and handle cats in a gentle, empathetic and caring manner
- Have an appropriate standard of equipment needed to investigate and treat feline diseases
- Meets a standard for the facilities and care for hospitalized cats
Click on these helpful links below to learn more about how we ensure the best care for your cat: